Entrepreneur, maker & coder
Interested in web accessibility, semantic web principles, standards compliance, progressive enhancement and natural (organic) search engine optimization.
Interested in interaction design, user experience, effective visual metaphors, and other human usability concerns.
San Francisco CA.
- We're building great HTML5 presentations.
Senior Software Engineer —
The OpenSky Project,
New York NY.
March 2010–June 2012.
- Helped architect and build the web's first MongoDB-based e-commerce platform.
- Architected, developed and maintained the OpenSky checkout and order management system.
- Architected and implemented a rules-based reward engine.
Lead Developer —
New York NY.
Spring 2008–March 2010.
- Led a team which architected and developed an e-commerce meta-platform, tying a built-to-spec in-house back end into third-party and Open Source e-commerce platforms.
- Worked extensively with the Magento eCommerce platform.
- Implemented scaling tactics for Magento, drastically reducing server strain and resulting in several orders of magnitude concurrency improvement.
Zoop Framework for PHP.
- Primary contributor to the Lunar (development) branch of the Zoop Framework, an Open Source PHP MVC framework.
- Directed and implemented modernization efforts and code refactoring for upcoming Zoop 2.0 release.
Freelance Web Developer and Designer —
- Developed several custom content engines for websites, podcasts, and web applications.
- Worked extensively with Drupal, an open source CMS toolkit.
Web Developer / Programmer —
- Projects included several web sites and custom web applications for small businesses.
- Worked with and contributed to the Zoop Framework.
Lead Developer / Flash Programmer —
Supernerd LLC / Real Salt Lake,
- Lead developer of a Flash based media guide for a Real Salt Lake, a Major League Soccer team.
- Implemented XML based real-time data update system.
- Developed layouts, templates and original graphics.
Undergraduate, Computer Science — Brigham Young University, Provo UT.
High School — Prosser Sr. High School, Prosser WA.
- Graduated in top 10% of high school class.
- Named as a National Merit Scholar by the College Board.
Eagle Scout — Boy Scouts of America, 2000.
National Merit Scholar, 2000.
BYU Swing Kids Club,
Volunteer Representative / Missionary —
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints,